Halpin was engaged by Queen’s University Belfast in January 2020 to provide strategic planning support to aid the implementation of the University’s ambitious Strategy 2030.
We provided an experienced planning director who was able to quickly acclimatise and bring staff together to develop an integrated approach to implementing the plan. Advice was provided around all aspects of University planning, including financial investment planning, governance of the process, and developing business intelligence to support evidence-based planning within the University. The director created and worked through the critical path of the implementation plan, ensuring that faculties, finance, planning and governance were working together and complementing each other’s work.
- A governance timetable for the 2022 University Planning Cycle was established and implemented.
- The spring planning round was mapped out and delivered.
- A Professional Services Plan was developed, that coordinated across the services and managed interdependencies.
- Investments were assessed and prioritised against plan priorities.
- The University’s planning maturity was reviewed, and Halpin advised on how the University’s planning capability could be permanently strengthened.