The University of Sheffield sought a cost-effective and smart alternative to interim cover, offering the University targeted support delivered by experienced, senior-level consultants. We addressed a mix of strategic and management needs, and personality styles. Halpin gained a good understanding of the Director of Advancement’s needs in this period of transition for both his team and the University leadership, with a new Vice-Chancellor arriving in November 2018.
As part of this project we advised on the development of the Case for Support, conducted feasibility discussions and a resources review, and we are currently providing Sheffield with recruitment support.
Priority areas of support were:
- Establishing a high-performance asking culture,
- Advice on how to source and sustain key projects,
- Campaign planning activity,
- Engaging the Senior Team and influential academics,
- Strategic conversations with the Director of Advancement (in person, by phone or email),
- Internal liaison with senior members of the University, as needed,
- Clearer prospect management and major gifts work,
- Identifying and focusing on key opportunities.
As a result, we also:
- Undertook major feasibility study for the first ever campaign,
- Assisted with restructure of the team,
- Assisted the team in working with the new VC.