Strong national/international networks, with a reputation for effective leadership and change management.
- Experienced and creative brand, reputation, and strategic marcomms consultant.
- Former executive marketing & external relations director in education and private sectors.
- Charities director and ambassador.
- Extensive external relations and corporate operations experience and a track record of transformational impact.
- Expertise in brand, marketing, communications, recruitment and development fields in UK and internationally.
Michael worked in higher education leadership for 12 years before establishing himself as a national and international brand and marketing consultant in 2017. He has served on the European Board of Trustees of CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) since 2014 and on its Global Board and Executive Committee since 2017.
As Executive Director at Teesside University, he was part of a highly-regarded University leadership team and led an award-winning external relations directorate covering brand and strategic marketing, student recruitment and admissions, communications, development and alumni relations. He previously held the role of Director of Communications and Marketing at Durham University – a World Top 100 University – for 6 years.
Michael has extensive brand and marketing experience in the private and public sectors working across Europe, is an adviser to the House of Lords, a fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts (FRSA), and a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), the European Association of Communications Directors (EACD) and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). He is the Managing Director of a social enterprise in the health sector and Chairman of a UK participatory arts charity.